CORONAVIRUS NOTICE: HERE AT DENVER DUCTS CORP WE ALWAYS CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF OUR EMPLOYEES AND THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. IN THESE UNCERTAIN TIMES, WE WANT TO REASSURE YOU THAT YOU CAN COUNT ON OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU. WE ARE PARTICULARLY GRATEFUL FOR HEALTHCARE WORKERS, FIRST RESPONDERS, AND OTHER PROFESSIONALS ON THE FRONT LINES - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICES!
THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION ( CDC ) SIGNALED THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A CLEAN, DISINFECTED AND SANITIZED ENVIRONMENT TO HELP CONTROL THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS.
Cleaning is the necessary first step of any disinfection process. Cleaning removes organic matter, salts, and visible soils, all of which interfere with microbial inactivation. The physical action of scrubbing with detergents and surfactants and rinsing with water removes substantial numbers of microorganisms. If a surface is not cleaned first, the success of the disinfection process can be compromised. Removal of all visible blood and inorganic and organic matter can be as critical as the germicidal activity of the disinfecting agent. When a surface cannot be cleaned adequately, it should be protected with barriers.
Disinfection destroys most pathogenic and other microorganisms by physical or chemical means. In contrast, sterilization destroys all microorganisms, including substantial numbers of resistant bacterial spores, by heat (steam autoclave, dry heat, and unsaturated chemical vapor) or liquid chemical sterilants. Disinfection does not ensure the degree of safety associated with sterilization processes.
.Clean & Disinfect
These guidelines are focused on household settings and are meant for the general public.
.Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
.Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
DENVER DUCTS CORP USES VARIETY EPA ( Environmental Protection Agency ) APPROVED PRODUCTS, SANITIZERS, DISINFECTANTS AND DEODORIZERS.
Most folks consider their fireplaces and chimneys to be indestructible parts of their home that require little or no maintenance. While masonry work is generally as close to maintenance-free as you can get, fireplaces and chimneys are more than just works of masonry: they are a part of your home’s heating system, which must effectively exhaust fumes from your fireplace, furnace and water heater.
Relatively minor but regular maintenance efforts can help your chimney operate safely for an indefinite period of time. In the U.S., many people are poorly informed about the importance of basic chimney maintenance. This lack of understanding causes a substantial number of preventable deaths and injuries each year.
Beyond the safety issue, neglect of chimneys leads to very expensive major repairs that would not be necessary if the chimney were properly maintained.
The three most serious problems that result from poorly maintained chimneys are:
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Premature failure of the fireplace and chimney
Carbon monoxide poisoning claims about 4,000 lives a year in the U.S., and a significant number of these deaths are the result of poorly maintained chimneys. In addition, about 10,000 people are made ill by lower levels of exposure to carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide is a by-product of combustion. The less complete the burning (combustion), the more carbon monoxide is generated. Gas hot water heaters, gas and oil furnaces, fireplaces, and wood stoves all generate carbon monoxide.
One of the reasons carbon monoxide is so deadly is that you generally can’t see or smell it: rarely do its victims have any warning. Low levels of poisoning tend to cause flu-like symptoms, so that people think they are just catching a cold. More advanced poisoning can cause vomiting and headaches and even death. Carbon monoxide is deadly because it tricks the body into thinking it is oxygen. The body actually prefers carbon monoxide, choosing it over oxygen when both are present in the atmosphere.
Once in the body, carbon monoxide goes everywhere in the body, including the brain. Children, in particular, are quite susceptible to brain damage after relatively low levels of exposure.
With chimneys, fireplaces and furnaces, most carbon monoxide problems occur because of improper exhausting of fumes. Such problems are almost entirely avoidable through regular professional fireplace & chimney inspection.
The venting system of your furnace or heating system needs annual cleaning and maintenance, too. Although the particulate build-up is not as great as a fireplace or stove, the connections that vent your unit need to be removed and cleaned out. The process is very similar to chimney cleaning and it is just as important!
We clean all types of furnace and heating appliance venting systems, not just wood burning fireplace flues. Many people don’t realize that the same type of dangerous buildup & blockages can occur with furnace flues and gas appliances as well.
Every vented heating element in your home should be inspected and cleaned on a regular basis to ensure continued safe and efficient operation. Vented appliance can become blocked, posing a potential fire or carbon monoxide hazard which can spell danger for your home and your family. Not to mention, a clean venting system actually performs better and gets better heating efficiency when it is properly maintained.
One of the most important times to inspect and clean the furnace flues is when you move into a new home or install a new furnace in your existing home. Be aware that today’s high capacity energy efficient units call for different venting specifications than your old unit that you are replacing. This is an important consideration that you may be unaware of.
Hot water furnaces and forced hot air furnaces should also be inspected annually. Gas systems can get a build-up that is referred to as “scale” which forms when moisture and gas byproducts combine. Too much of this coating can result in poor performance and possible carbon monoxide backing up into the home. Many times, homeowners mistakenly assume that their heating contractor or oil provider will take care of cleaning the flues. This is not the case, and if left unattended, this system may become so clogged that homeowners begin to have problems with soot blowing through the house or sickness from CO2 poisoning.
Remember, if you see white residue on your masonry, this is a tell-tale sign that your chimney system needs to be looked at. The white residue, known as efflorescence, indicates that mineral salts are coming through the brick due to too moisture inside the chimney. This moisture can also ruin walls and ceilings that are adjacent to the chimney as it passes through the house. With regular maintenance, most major problems associated with chimneys and furnace venting systems can be avoided completely.